Monday, February 2, 2009

Winter Wonderland

Well, I for one took advantage of the heavy snows last night. Knowing the UK's spectacular inability to handle autumnal leaves, much less a few inches of snow (in particular southern England), it was obviously going to lead to a widespread shut down of travel services and provide the perfect opportunity for all of us with remote log-in access to avoid going into work.

As such I extended the party we were having with our neighbours into the early hours, and after a snowball fight out in the street, we got back and I popped open the bubbly to celebrate. Definitely time well spent - an impressive two people from my team were naive enough to make it into the office this morning, while the rest are all 'working from home'. L is back in bed having an extended lie-in, after a gleeful wriggle when she discovered no buses or Tube services were working.

I've cleared my calendar, delegated what little I needed to do to a couple of grunts in the Middle Office, and am going to grind some fresh coffee and put my feet up. After all there's the fascinating competition on Sky News between the UK Prime Minister Gordon Brown and his Chinese counterpart Wen Jiabao over who has the least charisma.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm always interested in what you have to say, in particular negative opinions so feel free to post an insult or two here. Emerging Investor